Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry!

Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry!
1lbs boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used 3 chicken breasts for my husband and I and was a great amount)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I used more because I love garlic)
2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger (I used fresh and added almost a whole root grated because I love ginger)
1 cup chicken broth (I used the one with low sodium)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar (I used Splenda)
2 cups broccoli (I used more)
2 teaspoons cornstarch


Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray; medium heat. Add your chicken, garlic, and ginger. Let it fry 2-5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
Add 3/4 cups of the chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar (Splenda). Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir only a couple times.
Add your broccoli. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, stir here and here, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and broccoli are crisp-tender.
Mix the cornstarch with the rest of the chicken broth. Stir into chicken and broccoli mixture. Let it cook and stir more frequently, until the sauce thickens. I had to add more cornstarch to the recipe to help thicken the sauce, I found 2 teaspoons was not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment