Friday, July 12, 2013

BBQ Chicken & Veg!

BBQ Chicken, Greens, and Veg Mix!


2 Chicken breast
1/2 bunch Asparagus
2 Small Zucchini's
1 package Portobello Mushrooms
1 package Kale, Swiss Chard, Spinach
Couple tablespoons Olive Oil
BBQ sauce
Chicken spice (optional)

Recipe served my husband and I. But you can alter the portion sizes. 

Chicken:
To start my chicken I put it between two pieces of saran wrap, use a meat tenderizer and flatten the chicken breasts until it's about 1-2inches thick. I brush on olive oil on both sides of chicken breasts just so it doesn't stick to the grill. I grill until almost done, then brush on 1 1/2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, any brand will do! I always go for the less sodium one. Then I add chicken spice and cook until its no longer pink.

Zucchini, Mushrooms, Asparagus:
I wash all vegetables first. Slice up 2 small zucchini's, cut the asparagus into chunks. I cut each piece of asparagus into three pieces. And lastly I add the mushrooms (I buy already sliced) into a bowl and coat with olive oil (so it doesn't stick). I cook my vegetables in a little wok bowl/basket made for the BBQ. I picked mine up at Winners. I also saw them at Canadian Tire, Walmart, Super Store, Winners, and Home Sense. I grill them all together until tender but so they still have a little crunch to them or however you like your veggies!

Greens (Swiss Chard, Spinach, Kale):
Boil water in a medium pot or whatever the greens will fit in on medium heat. Add greens when the water starts to boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes (my stoves gas so it takes no time to cook) or until greens are nice bright and green. Strain and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment