Monday, July 8, 2013

A little about me!

This blog is all of my past, present, and future experiences and efforts I have put into changing my life around! At one point in my life like tons of people, I didn't care what so ever about a "healthy lifestyle" and quite frankly I didn't want to care. After the sudden loss of my grandfather, I knew it was time to smarten up and I wasn't happy with what I was seeing in the mirror. I started changing my lifestyle first with food, and it started with simple things. Like breads and carbs, I went from white to whole wheat, and instead of potatoes I started eating more rice and sweet potatoes. I didn't completely cut everything at once, but I became more aware of the grease, fats, and sugars I was shoveling in my mouth. I also started dieting pills, which I took religiously. I wanted to see some results faster. I did manage to lose some weight off of them. But I wasn't using them correctly or safely almost doubling the suggested daily dosage. Yikes eh? 

After Christmas, I met my now husband. He was very into the gym and knew a thing or two more then I did about this eating healthy business and working out. So I got a gym membership. I would go every single day, and do at least 2hours of cardio. Cardio, cardio, cardio, is what I preach! It was the BEST thing I did to shed weight! Bouncing back and forth between the elliptical, bike, the stepper, and doing a cool down on the treadmill. My eating habits were super important at this time! All the recipes I'm adding were a lot what I ate or close to it!  This all started in January of 2012. By May of that year I was down to 122lbs. I also was a big chested girl and was on a waiting list for a breast reduction. Which I no longer needed after losing the weight and changing my life! Once I got down to the size I wanted to be, I started doing weights, and working on my abs and also toning. I didn't know my exact weight starting I'm going to say ballpark 155-160lbs (because I refused to see it on a scale back in October 2011 haha when my journey all started). By May I was up to hitting the gym two times a day! And this was my result!
I maintained this size fluctuating between 122-128lbs for the summer. In October of 2012 I got pregnant! :) I just recently had my baby girl Aubrey. At 39 weeks pregnant I was around 175lbs also I'm also 5'0 LOL big yikes eh!! If you're wondering NO I did not eat so much I gained that much weight, in the end I gained a ton of fluid/water weight that I had no control over. Well throughout my pregnancy I still ate super healthy. I did have my pig out days, I ate more normal. I did not diet, or count calories. I ate what I pleased. But more in moderation. I did stop working out. I was so sick the first 12-15 months puking my guts out everyday 3-5 times a day. During that time I dropped the gym completely. Being way to sick and tired to get to the gym. After I started feeling better, that was it. I was out of working out completely. At 39 weeks this was how huge I got! Literally an hour after my water broke HAHA!

Now I'm completely back on track to get my old body back! I've missed my hardcore lifestyle and eating clean! So I'm at it again! I still refuse to step on a scale. I'm super body image conscious. I just go by my clothes. Once I get a little more toned I'll feel much better! Especially after having a baby. But I wouldn't change that for the world. Just means I have to work extra hard to get back. Here's a post baby picture; 3 weeks and 2 days. I hope my blog can be inspiration and help to ANYONE trying to better themselves, if its working out, eating habits, or dieting! I just started back to my old workout routines and will be blogging everyday recipes, tips, or answering any questions! Feel free to ask questions and follow my blog! :)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, for the beautiful mother, wife and woman that you are! Glad that you have chosen to inspire others to live a healthy, clean lifestyle! Love you!

    ReplyDelete